If your organization is using Microsoft Office 365, you already know all of the powerful tools it has to offer such as Outlook, OneDrive, and SharePoint. These applications offer incredible capabilities that allow your business to run more efficiently, so, what would happen if all your critical O365 data was lost or infected with malware?
On November 13th, 2019, Webair’s Sagi Brody (Chief Technology Officer) and Gerard Hiner (Chief Business Officer) teamed up for a webinar to teach users how they can ensure complete backup and recovery of their most critical O365 data using Veeam.
With Office 365, It’s Your Data and Your Responsibility
Microsoft makes it clear that when you use Office 365, you own your data and it’s your responsibility to maintain and secure it. The Office 365 suite was designed to enhance business efficiency through the use of its programs; Microsoft is not in the business of managing, monitoring, or taking ownership of its users’ data. While Microsoft does have certain retention policies in place to control your archiving, however, these policies are quite limited and are certainly not intended to replace a complete backup or recovery solution. It’s also extremely difficult to manage and monitor these retention policies due to their ever-changing nature. It’s important that you remember that archiving your data is NOT the same as backing it up.
So, How Can You Protect Your Office 365 Data?
If you want a true backup solution, working with a Cloud Service Provider such Webair who wraps a fully-managed, orchestrated, and monitored solution around Veeam backup software, is the perfect strategy for protecting your Office 365 data. Here are a few reasons why:
- While the CSP takes ownership of and accountability for your O365 data, you still have the ability to access, restore, and download your data when you need it
- Backing up is not the same as archiving your data, and when using a provider, you have a complete backup solution with separate snapshots that are safeguarded against deletion, corruption, or security threats
- You have a compliant backup repository that’s separate from Microsoft
- You have your data backed up with a specialized provider who has the experience, knowledge, and expertise to ensure quick and complete recovery of your O365 data
- You can customize the exact backup frequency and retention policies for your entire organization
6 Crucial Reasons Why Complete Office 365 Backups Are Necessary
There are plenty of reasons why a business might require a complete backup solution when it comes to its Office 365 data, but the following 6 are by far the most crucial:
- Protection from accidental deletion
- Gaps in the O365 retention policy
- Protection from internal security threats (i.e. malicious insiders/departing employees)
- Protection from external security threats (i.e. ransomware/rogue apps)
- The need to meet legal and compliance requirements
- Managing hybrid deployments and migrations
Want to learn more about how you can preserve your critical Office 365 data with Webair and Veeam? Be sure to watch the full webinar, or talk to one of our experts today at email@example.com or 1-866-WEBAIR-1 (1-866-932-2471).