Today, everyone creates a password for a variety of services but in our growing digital age it’s imperative that your passwords be created strongly.
Your passwords will act as your first line of defense for Logging into your Server in root access ,email access, EZpanel login,and much more. Here at Webair we strive to have a complex password requirement to better protect our clients sensitive data from possible intruders but also insure that the right people are logging into your servers or services. When creating a password there’s a few fundamentals principals everyone should be practicing .
- Choose a password that is at least six characters long. The goal is to discourage a brute-force attack or cracker scripts. Presently the maximum password length on many Unix systems is eight characters, but adding mix of characters can make it harder to crack .
- Have a mix of lower-case,upper-case characters, numbers, and special characters, and at least 6 characters long.
- Its better not to chose anything that resembles a word but if you must , at least separate the word by marks or characters of some kind .Even placing symbols in place of an actual word increases security, example : “S@ncti0n!”
- Words in the dictionary or in ANY dictionary.
- Your user name.
- You real name,spouse’s name, or anyone’s name.
- Any word in any “cracking dictionary.” or commonly used passwords that a lot of people use. Some of these lists include: brand name products, movie titles, novel titles, science terms, and etc.
- Do not write your passwords down!
In any event you forget a password or passwords to one of our [label color=”primary”] Webair services [/label], just contact us and we will be glad to help you in a password reset.