Are you passionate about technology and searching for a cutting edge technical career opportunity?
Good news... Webair is hiring!
Founded in 1996, Webair Internet Development, Inc. is one of the world’s leading managed hosting providers. We are headquartered in Garden City, New York with datacenter locations in New York, Los Angeles, Montreal and Amsterdam.
Webair is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering a fast-paced, challenging, and supportive working environment, competitive salaries and opportunities for professional growth. Webair offers a comprehensive benefit package, paid time off, casual dress and semi-annual company events.
Please view our list of available positions below and join one of the most respected names in web hosting!
Are you passionate about working with the latest networking technologies? Do you have the skills to take on and conquer any problem before you, big or small? Are you dedicated to making sure customers are singing your praises for going above and beyond? Does the sound of thousands of servers purring around you fill you with pleasure?
We are seeking a candidate to be part of a team that manages our network infrastructures worldwide. You will be part of a very small team.
- Help maintain dark fiber networks and DWDM gear that span multiple locations.
- Maintain Edge, Core, and Distribution routers and switches that provide Internet connectivity to thousands of servers that host millions of websites
- Manage BGP links to multiple providers and peering points in a multi-homed, multi-location environment.
- Manage and configure Firewalls, load balancers, and other network devices in redundant and highly available configurations.
- Maintain a network with over 200,000+ public IP addresses.
- Work with public IPV6 configurations and spread the adoption and integration of IPv6 internally within the organization.
- Write and maintain automation scripts and software to manage network resources.
- Work with a large cloud infrastructure configuring public, private, and hybrid cloud configurations.
- Work on cross over projects involving HA Unix server configurations, clouds, and networking.
- Establish documentation and procedures regarding network best practices.
- Experience supporting LAN and WAN environments in a 24x7 commercial setting
- Ability to work well with application developers, customers, operations staff, and business units
- Ability to work under pressure
Desired Technical Skills:
- MUST HAVE Knowledge of Cisco Catalyst switches in redundant configurations (35xx/45xx/65xx/76xx)
- MUST HAVE Working knowledge of a UNIX platform (Linux/BSD)
- Experience with basic twisted-pair wiring (patch panel and cable wiring)
- Exposure to network monitoring and management tools
- Experience with Internet networks
- Experience configuring and managing routing protocols such as; BGP, STP, HSRP, OSPF, VTP
- Experience configuring and managing firewall appliances
- Experience configuring VPN configurations
- Experience configuring and managing load balancer appliances and software
- Exposure to highly redundant networks using HSRP and multiple layers of redundancy
- Knowledge of WAN environments based on both public and private carrier solutions (physical and virtual circuit-based)
- Exposure to network security systems and designs
- Cisco Certifications
- Advanced Unix/Linux operating system experience
- Ability to write Linux/Unix scripts in some administrative language (Tk, Perl, shell)
- Network Security Administration/Engineering
- Experience with L3-L7 load balancing appliances (F5, A10, etc, Nortel, HAP)
- Exposure to Cisco PIX/ASA devices and IPS systems
- VMware, XEN, or KVM experience
Web Application Troubleshooting Ninja
Are you a natural born troubleshooter? Do you love digging deep into applications, servers, and databases to pinpoint ways to make any website hum? Have you got what it takes to expand infrastructure from single point of failure to a robust fault tolerant bohemoth?
As one of our troubleshooting geniuses, you'll be tasked with maintaining, optimizing and perfecting hundreds of different client servers and configurations, ranging from single server setups to complex load balanced clusters. You will learn and excel at technologies such as CDN, video streaming platforms, and provide the highest quality application troubleshooting in web based scripting languages such as PHP, Perl, Ruby on Rails etc. As our clients experience slowness or issues in their application, you will examine, troubleshoot, and provide quality technical expertise to ensure our clients websites perform the best they can.
You will be the hero that saves the day for many of our thousands of customers around the world, using your expertise and passion for customer satisfaction to tackle the most challenging of tasks and projects.
The ideal candidate will:
- Troubleshoot LAMP frameworks, from the Web server stack, OS, database and scripting languages to pinpoint areas in need of improvement.
- Make customer satisfaction #1 priority, keeping continual contact and 100% followup daily on all projects.
- Have the skills and confidence to tackle our largest and most complex environments within 6 months.
- Learn and master one new technology we deploy on our systems each month.
Please email email@example.com with your resume and join our growing team of legends today.